We are seeking Adult Support Workers & Autism Companions to support adults in their own homes in the Selby Area of North Yorkshire. No Experience Needed – Full Training Provided
What does support mean?
Supporting someone with a learning disability is an amazing job, seeing someone grow in confidence, overcoming a fear, or achieving a goal is so incredible to watch, and to be the person that supports them to do that is immense.
Every single person with a learning disability is unique, their disability is unique, their personality is unique, and their aspirations and goals are unique. Learning Disabilities, Autism and Asperger’s is becoming more and more prevalent in society with many families knowing at least one person or family who have a child or relative with a Learning Disability.
- £10.00 per hour, with previous experience.
- £8.91 per hour, initial salary without any experience.
- Additional payments of £62.64 per sleep over that you do.
- Full or Part-Time vacancies Available.
- Male or Female Applicants.
- You don’t need to drive.
- Progression opportunities are endless in the Social Care Sector!
When you support someone with a Learning Disability you are their Advocate, their friend and the one person they can rely on to keep them safe. You will encourage them, motivate them, and ensure they live a life open to the same opportunities as everyone else.
- Ensuring they have a routine.
- Keep up to date with their bills & are sensible with their money.
- Encourage them to keep their house tidy (not everyone loves housework!)
- Preparing meals together, and teaching someone cooking skills.
- Doing activities together that the person loves.
- Sharing a hobby.
- Going to the football or doing some crafts.
- Supporting them to appointments, visiting the gym or days out.
- Enjoying each other’s company and been someone they trust.
More important than anything if you have the personality and desire to support someone, and you know you will love the reward it brings then definitely apply!
Health & Social Care Jobs are the UK’s leading, Permanent Recruitment Specialists for the Adult Learning Disabilities Sector. We are Registered Manager owned and led and we love what we do! IF YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTY APPLYING, PLEASE EMAIL US DIRECTLY OR GIVE US A CALL.