We are looking for flexible full or part time Band 6 or 7 Occupational Therapists in the Sheffield area of South Yorkshire. It is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Do you want a job where there are opportunities to progress into more Senior roles and be involved in the development of aspects of the specialist services? Maybe you are currently working for the NHS as an Occupational Therapist, but looking for a new role where you could spend more quality time with your clients? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you.
- £31K - £39K per annum pro rata. (Equivalent to NHS Band 5, Band 6, and Band 7).
Because this company is based in Sheffield it is within a 35-minute commute from Doncaster A1(M), or A635. Rotherham is also only a 20 minutes’ commute via A6109.
We are advertising on behalf of a private organisation with an excellent reputation, not only as a service provider, but also as an employer. People and their well-being are at the heart of their service, promoting best practice to always meet their needs and letting them know what is possible with the right care. They lead the way in terms of technology and innovation, constantly educating themselves and integrating this into their rehabilitation programmes. Their team also mean a great deal to them and are always fully supported, valued, and involved in the clinical decisions in a truly integrated team approach.
As their Occupational Therapist, you would be part of a team delivering individual and group therapy sessions within clinics, people’s own homes or other service delivery areas. Conducting formal and informal assessments of people’s needs and writing reports. You would work with rehabilitation assistants to deliver programme sessions supervising them and their work.
- Be effective and efficient in managing and assessing clients with a variety of complex and challenging needs.
- Be able to assess occupational, functional, and sensory abilities of adults in a variety of settings
- Must be socially skilled at managing balancing wants and needs of clients, families and external members invested in the client’s development.
- To provide professional support to the rehabilitation assistants.
- Be able to liaise effectively with the rest of the MDT and all agencies involved.
- Experience working with individuals with neurological conditions.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy and currently be registered with HCPC.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering cognitive and physical rehabilitation.
- Knowledge and experience of aids & equipment is desirable.
- Create in-depth reports and justification for treatment.
- To be passionate about ensuring high quality rehabilitation and putting peoples’ wellbeing first.
Apply/Ask a Question?
If you have any questions about this Occupational Therapist job vacancy, or you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied within 24-72 hours the employer will be in contact with you to introduce themselves and answer any questions you may have, then look at progressing your application to interview stage.