Home Care Assistant & Companion, Cleveland
£8.50 - £9.50 per hour (Double time bank holidays)
Part Time hours
Are you looking for a new and rewarding career with a CQC outstanding company? Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? Maybe you have considered Volunteer jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Home Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you.
We have part-time jobs available in the Cleveland & North Yorkshire area. It is essential that you hold a full driving licence and access to vehicle on daily basis, and you must be flexible and able to work mornings, evenings and alternate weekends.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining a “CQC “Outstanding” service who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. However, there may also be an element of personal care in this job. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
Benefits & Hours
- Part-time hours are available between 10-30 hours per week. (Unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work)
- Enhanced rates of pay for early mornings, late evening and weekend work.
- No experience necessary as full training is provided.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity, we want to hear from you. Becoming a Home Care Assistant & Companion to an older adult is not only rewarding, but you will be gaining a friend too!