Have you been searching for Volunteer jobs or Volunteering work or perhaps you have been searching for Part-Time Jobs in Nottingham? It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you looking to make a difference!
Our job vacancy is not a Volunteer job; however, you are exactly the type of person we would look for. We look for kind caring people, of all ages and backgrounds, who have spare time to offer and want to make a difference, is that you? So, what is our job vacancy: -
Making a Difference
We are looking for Part-Time Paid Volunteer & Care Companions. If you live in communities of Beeston, Chilwell, Stapleford, Wollaton, Long Eaton or Hucknall we would love to welcome you to the team.
You will be carefully matched and introduced to an older adult within your local community and you will be providing companionship led care and support to them within their own home. You will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
As a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arrive with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with morning or evening routine, including toilet prompts, helping with washing, undressing, or brushing teeth.
- Prompt to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
- £10.00 - £11.00 per hour, plus mileage & Paid Travel Time.
- Award Winning Training.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours available between 7am – 10pm (16-30 Hours per week).
- Alternative Weekend working.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.
** PLEASE NOTE this is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that have the right qualities to work in the care sector.