Part-Time, Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, job vacancy, Calow, Derbyshire. No Experience needed/award winning training. You will need access to reliable Transport.
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you that love nothing more than caring for others and brightening someone’s day. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit more easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things. We welcome applications from all age groups (no upper limit) and those looking for a career change.
Caring in your Community
If you live in communities of Chesterfield including Calow, Dronfield, Bradway, Brimington, Staveley, Totley, Walton, Wingerworth, and surrounding villages of Derbyshire and you are passionate about helping others, we would love to welcome you to our team.
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour.
- Award Winning Training
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours available, depending on your regular availability.
- Alternate Weekend working from a couple of hours to full days.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Who will I support?
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits are not rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is not awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
As a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arrive with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with morning or evening routine washing/dressing/undressing/brushing teeth.
- Prompt to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
A Message from the Team
To us care is personal, that is why our office is rated outstanding by the independent body that inspects our service. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported, and you will too throughout your journey with us. We can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.
Once you apply, I will call you to introduce myself and get to know you. If you have any questions at all, do not worry, I will answer any questions you may have when we speak. I look forward to you joining our amazing team!
** PLEASE NOTE this is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that have the right qualities to work in the care sector.