Full & Part-Time Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, Job Vacancy, York, North Yorkshire – Car Drivers Essential, No Experience Needed.
We are looking for Paid Volunteer & Care Companions to help our lovely clients stay in their homes and remain independent for a while longer.
If you live in the communities of York, Huntington, Haxby, Acomb, and surrounding areas, we would love to welcome you to our team. You could be joining a well-trusted company and a preferred provider with North Yorkshire County Council and a key neighbourhood provider, so we have lots of stable hours available.
- £10.25 per hour Weekday, £10.40 Weekend + 30p Mileage.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Medicash Health & Wellbeing Plan.
- High Street & Gym Discount Schemes.
- Alternate Weekend Working.
- Joining Bonus of £300 (Paid in two halves).
We have over 50 years’ experience as a family orientated business providing outstanding care to clients, visitors, and colleagues. Although we have substantially grown and adapted over many years, we still hold the same ethos close to our heart; the wellbeing of those we provide care for is of upmost importance. We are very proud to hold a “Good” CQC rating and a 5* rating on a homecare leading review website, showing that compassionate care really can make a life-changing difference. We also have an excellent reputation locally as a great employer too.
Every client we visit is unique, meaning you meet different people every day, all with various levels of independence. Your role will depend on who you’re personally matched with, but don’t worry, we can talk to you about their needs. You may have some questions around personal care, or possibly the wrong idea about what it includes, but we can put your mind at ease. Sometimes you may -
- Make their breakfast together.
- Assist with washing, brushing hair and dressing.
- Prepare satisfying, nutritious meals.
- Accompany them to appointments or to do activities they enjoy.
- Help them up the stairs and into bed in the evening.
- Ensure they feel safe for the night when you leave.
If you are passionate, caring and kind then you belong with our team. You will be fully supported and guided in your new job role. Click Apply to take your first step towards becoming a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion. We’ll contact you directly within a few days to answer any questions you may have.
** PLEASE NOTE this is paid employment and there will be elements of personal care, however we are trying to attract those that have the right qualities to work in the care sector.