Part-Time, Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, Job Vacancy, Epping, Essex – No Experience Needed, Car Drivers Essential.
If you live in the communities of Epping, Loughton, Ongar, Waltham Abbey, or surrounding areas, we would love for you to join our team.
From Childcare to Care
I was a full-time parent with three children for 20 years, caring for them was such a large part of my life, I felt lost when they no longer needed me. I had no experience of caring, but it was something I had always thought about doing. A couple of my friends had started working here and loved it! Nervously I clicked on apply! I hadn’t worked for so long!
What happened next?
- After I had applied, I received a lovely call, and was immediately put at ease.
- I asked lots of questions and was provided so much information about what the job would involve.
- I’d always had loads of ideas what the job involved but I got a lot of that wrong, so I am glad I spoke to someone.
- I attended an interview with Maureen who was amazing and was so passionate about the Company.
- I was over the moon when I was offered the position and I started my induction training.
- I can understand why the training is award winning, I learned so much in my first week.
- I met some fantastic people, who I know will be friends for life!
- I was matched and introduced to Maggie, Eric & Mary who I would be mainly visiting and lived in the next village/town.
- They all have different personalities, but we all get on so well and also have fun!
- Because we spend quality time together, I became familiar with my Clients daily routine and preferences.
- My visits are never less than an hour long which is perfect for baking together or going to the shops.
- My role is also to help them with their daily routines.
- I truly enjoy my visits; it doesn’t feel like a job but more like visiting a friend.
- At the end of the day, I feel I have made a difference!
- £10.65 per hour Weekdays
- £11.00 per hour Weekends.
- Paid Mileage and Paid Travel Time.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours, including early mornings, lunchtimes or evenings.
- Alternate Weekend Working, according to your availability.
- Progression Opportunities.
- One of my friends started as a Care Companion now works in the office as a Scheduler.
- There is no upper age limit for applications, its lovely to work with all age groups!
- Working towards achieving City in Guilds Care Certificate.
Could you be a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion too? If you share my curiosity to care for others, click APPLY. You will get a quick response so do not delay. Becoming a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion has given me a purpose again!
** PLEASE NOTE this is paid employment and there will be elements of personal care, however we are trying to attract those that have the right qualities to work in the care sector.