Part-Time, Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, job vacancy, York, North Yorkshire – No Experience Needed – We offer Award Winning paid Training – however, you do need to BE A CAR DRIVER with your own car.
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you that love nothing more than caring for others and brightening someone’s day. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things.
- £10.40 per hour (Double time for bank holidays) plus travel allowance & mileage.
- Range of part-time hours available from 12 hours per week and up.
- Flexible hours will include alternate weekend calls, so every other weekend is free.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program.
- Excellent training and support.
Who will I support?
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
As a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, the care & support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.
**Please note that this is paid employment, but we are trying to attract people who would look for volunteer vacancies and have the right qualities to work in the care sector.