Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Paid Volunteer & Care Companion, Chesterfield
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
Make 2021 better for everyone
Christmas may be over but why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to progress and a have long-term career that matters. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier, a feeling like no other.
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- Part-time hours – they are particularly busy during mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, and evenings, so do you have time to spare? They all work alternate weekends but often for just a few hours.
- You will visit the same Clients regularly for 1 hour or more
- No experience is required as full training is provided.
- Be willing to provide personal care when required.
- Many of their clients like a trip out, so it is preferred that you are a car driver.
Every single person they support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties as a Paid Volunteer & Care Companion will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Maybe prepare a bath or assist someone to get in and out of the shower.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, their nutrition and welfare is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
Join the Team
An award-winning employer rated Outstanding by the CQC they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. The Directors are a husband-and-wife team who are passionate about how people should be supported to live at home safely. One of the Directors has been a Nurse for over 30 years, so they understand what it takes to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support. This organisation focusses on a bespoke companionship/relationship led service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK.
We understand you will have some questions about this Paid Volunteer & Care Companion job vacancy, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.
** This is not a Volunteer role and is paid employment, but we are looking for people who have the right characteristics to work in the care sector.