We are looking for enthusiastic Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Care Companions in the Huntington, Knaresborough, Harrogate, Haxby, Clifton, Acomb and Ripon areas of North Yorkshire to join a fantastic homecare provider who help change the lives of older adults living in their own home.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience, as you will be provided with excellent training support. However, you will require a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Be part of something special
You will be joining an outstanding organisation who have an excellent reputation locally not only as an employer, but as a provider of high-quality person-centred home care services for its clients living in their own homes. They aim to help everyone live their lives to the fullest and lead, happy fulfilling lives. They understand that a person’s home is precious, so we want to help people live as independently as possible in the place they treasure the most.
Fantastic benefits & hours
- Excellent rate of pay of £9.50 per hour weekdays & £10.25 per hour weekends per hour;
- 20p mileage allowance;
- Full-time & part-time hours covering a mixture of mornings, evenings and alternate weekends;
- Bank hours are available for those that want flexible hours;
- Simply Health cash plan, Employee Assistance Programme, Discounted Gym Memberships, Hoseasons Staff Discounts, seasonal staff prize giveaways;
- Recognition schemes such as; “you’re a star” employee scheme;
- They actively promote from within and encourage to further your career by offering QCF & Apprenticeship qualifications;
- The feeling that knowing you have helped someone is a feeling like no other.
Is this Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion role for me?
You do need to be an empathetic person and passionate about making a difference. Your job may involve supporting an older adult with their morning and evening routines, helping prepare meals, help with medication, help them with personal tasks, assist them with personal care and be a great companion for them. You may also do light house work or take them out into the local community to attend appointments.
- If you are you semi-retired/retired and looking to make a difference, or;
- You have you cared for a relative yourself, or;
- You are looking for something more rewarding and a complete career change, or;
- Maybe you are a student looking for post qualifying experience?
Many of their team come from all walks of life, many just wanting a change of career. If you are a compassionate, kind and a positive individual, then this could be perfect for you and we would love to hear from you.
Being a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion can be very fulfilling, if you have a big heart and the desire to make someone’s day a bit brighter and easier then please click APPLY!
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who would like to make a difference to an older adult and have spare time.