Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion, Harrogate
We are looking for compassionate Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Care Companions living in the Harrogate area of North Yorkshire to join a fantastic homecare provider who help change the lives of older adults living in their own home.
Our lovely clients live in most of the surrounding areas of North Yorkshire including Harrogate, Ripon, Knaresborough, Haxby, Huntington, Clifton, Acomb, so if you live close by, then we have plenty of local work for you. You could be joining a homecare provider who aim to help everyone live their lives to the fullest and lead, happy fulfilling lives. We understand that a person’s home is precious, so we want to help people live as independently as possible in the place they treasure the most.
Don’t worry if you have never worked in the care sector before as fantastic training is provided. However, it essential that you have a big heart and a passion to make a difference to someone’s life every day. It is also essential that you are car driver with access to a vehicle.
Rate of pay, hours & benefits
- £9.50 per hour weekdays, £10.25 per hour weekends;
- Guaranteed minimum hours contracts or bank hours available;
- Paid mileage and travel;
- Refer a friend scheme;
- Simply Health cash plan and Employee Assistance Programme;
- Hoseasons Staff Discounts and seasonal staff prize giveaways;
- Recognition schemes such as; “you’re a star” employee scheme;
- They actively promote from within and encourage to further your career by offering QCF & Apprenticeship qualifications;
- The feeling that knowing you have helped someone is a feeling like no other.
All our clients’ needs vary, from assisting with personal care, companionship, domestic duties & preparing meals to help with medication or taking them out. If you also think about everything you do daily, you would be supporting someone to do the same. If you are caring in nature, trustworthy, patient and understanding, and want to make a difference, then why not do something rewarding.
So, if you are the special type of person that we are looking for, and you are excited by this rewarding job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who would like to make a difference to an older adult and have spare time.