We are looking for compassionate people to become Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion in the Malvern and Worcester area of Worcestershire. If you live in the Worcester, Malvern, Colwall, Upton upon Severn, Welland, Powick, Callow End, Kempsey, Hanley Swan, Hanley Castle, Rushwick and surrounding areas, then they have plenty of local work for you.
If you have a big heart, you live close by and you want to change the way care is delivered, then this could be perfect for you. No experience is required as full training will be provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
What are the company values & why you should work for them?
Our client is an independent, modern, family run homecare company built on wonderful values and beliefs. Their vision is to transform the way care is delivered, so: -
- They have created a special place to work where you could play a part in changing the care sector.
- They aspire to be outstanding and believe there is no compromise in care.
- They believe everybody deserves the highest standard of care and support.
They view the people who use their services as “Family Members” rather than service users, because they feel they look after them the same way as they would look after their own family.
What are the duties of a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion?
Your role is to make a real difference to the lives of the people you come in to contact with. You will do this through having a drive and passion to provide effective high-quality care. We therefore are seeking people with the right personalities, who are passionate and caring.
You will provide support to older adults living in their own homes by offering: -
- Assisting with personal care
- Helping with domestic duties
- Preparing meals and medication
- Taking them out to continue doing the things they love such as shopping, going to a show or to a local community group.
If you think about everything you do daily and take for granted, you would be supporting someone to do the same. You would be making a positive difference in a person’s life every day.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.00 - £11.00 per hour + 30p mileage allowance.
- Full and part-time hours.
- Flexible hours so you can meet your personal and family commitments (they have lots of availability for early mornings start from 7:30am, so could be perfect for an early bird).
- Enough time between calls so you can arrive safely and be composed.
- Enhanced bank holiday rate and paid shadowing shifts.
- Employee wellbeing scheme including retail discounts, health plans, paid holidays and pension scheme.
If you want to work for an exciting, new homecare provider aspiring to change the way people think about care and how it is delivered to older adults, then we want you.
How do I apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Care Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs and want to make a difference.