We are looking for Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Care Companions in the York area to join a fantastic homecare provider.
Be part of something special
You will be joining an outstanding organisation who have an excellent reputation locally not only as an employer, but as a provider of high-quality person-centred home care services for its clients living in their own homes. They aim to help everyone live their lives to the fullest. They understand that a person’s home is precious, so we want to help people live as independently as possible in the place they treasure the most.
- Excellent rate of pay of £9.02 - £9.25 per hour plus competitive mileage allowance;
- Full-time & part-time hours covering mornings, evenings and alternate weekends.
- Bank hours are available for those that want flexible hours as and when;
- Paying for planned hours;
- You would need some availability during our busy times which are early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings and weekends;
- Lots of different employee benefits & recognition schemes such as; “you’re a star” employee scheme;
- They actively promote from within and encourage to further your career by offering QCF & Apprenticeship qualifications;
Is this the job for me?
Don’t worry if you don’t have any experience, as we provide excellent training. However, you will require a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
You do need to be an empathetic person and passionate about making a difference. Your job will be supporting an older adult with their morning and evening routines, helping prepare meals, help with medication, help them with personal tasks, assist them with personal care and be a great companion for them. You may also do light house work or take them out into the local community to attend appointments.
- Are you semi-retired/retired and looking to make a difference?
- Have you cared for a relative yourself and really enjoyed it?
- Are you looking for a complete career change?
- Are you a student looking for post qualifying experience?
Many of their team come from all walks of life, many just wanting a change of career. If you are a compassionate, kind and a positive individual, then we would love to hear from you.
Being a Paid Volunteer, Companion & Care Assistant can be very fulfilling, if you have a big heart and the desire to make someone’s day a bit brighter and easier then please click APPLY! We will answer any questions you may have.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who would like to make a difference to an older adult and have spare time.