Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion, Hereford
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding new career in 2020? Maybe you already work in the care sector and you are looking for a change or to work for a provider that will value you? Are you passionate about helping people and making a difference? If so, the opportunity we have could be perfect for you.
We are looking for compassionate and dedicated people in the Hereford, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye and the Golden Valley areas of Herefordshire. Previous experience is not required as excellent training and support is provided; you just need a big heart. However, it is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Who will you be joining?
We are working with an award-winning homecare provider supporting older people living in their own homes. Their ethos is very much about the people they support and giving back to the community, so they strive to always provide the highest quality support, the kind of support you would want for your own loved ones. They are a growing company so can offer career progression opportunities too, so who knows where this could take you!
What will your role involve?
As their Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion, you will build a relationship with the people you support and help them to stay independent for as long as possible, generally as close to your own home as possible. A typical day could involve preparing a meal, getting them out of bed, assisting with personal care, helping them keep their home tidy, taking them to appointments or to just continue doing the things they love which might be going to their local music group or weekly bingo game. They also hold Vintage Tea Parties for the older adults with live entertainment, afternoon tea served on vintage crockery and lots of laughter and smiles. It helps trigger special memories that are precious to people and highlights why the role is so rewarding and so worthwhile.
They can offer you some fantastic benefits too:
- £8.50 - £9.63 per hour including paid travel time (double time on Bank Holidays);
- Full and part-time hours;
- Guaranteed hours, shift payments, salary or zero hours if preferred – flexibility to choose what suits you best;
- Hours to suit your family commitments but must include every other weekend;
- Refer a friend scheme and earn yourself £400 and ‘carer of the month award’. This is usually something like a meal for the carer with their partner at a restaurant or a spa day, flowers or even a bottle of gin;
- Paid holidays and free company phone and free social events;
- They truly believe in offering every member of their team a diverse range of paid training and career progression opportunities, so this could just be the start for you.
So, if you want to be part of something special in your local community and become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion, and you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, then please click on apply.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.