Attention Befrienders & Companions!, we need you in the Colwall area of Herefordshire. We need people with big hearts in a time when the whole country needs to pull together and look after each and look after the most vulnerable in our communities. With the Covid-19 outbreak, the demand for high-quality care is increasing, and that’s where you come in.
If you are a former Care Assistant, Nurse, Hospitality Worker, Teacher, or just someone who goes above and beyond to help the most vulnerable in the community, then when not do something incredibly rewarding and help older adults living in the community.
Who you would be joining?
We are advertising on behalf of an independent, modern, family run homecare company built on wonderful values and beliefs. Their vision is to transform the way care is delivered, so: -
- They have created a special place to work where you could play a part in changing the care sector.
- They aspire to be outstanding and believe there is no compromise in care.
- They believe everybody deserves the highest standard of care and support.
They view the people who use their services as “Family Members” rather than service users, because they feel they look after them the same way as they would look after their own family. They will also ensure that you are always safe and well-supported in the role.
Befriender & Companion - responsibilities
Your role is to make a real difference to the lives of older adults living in their own homes. You will play a big part in ensuring their welfare and safety at such a concerning time. The role will involve:
- Assisting with personal care.
- Helping with domestic duties.
- Preparing meals and medication.
- Maybe picking up some shopping for them or collecting a prescription.
If you think about everything you do daily and take for granted, you would be supporting someone to do the same, but you would be making a positive difference in a person’s life every day.
So…what can they offer you?
- £9.00 - £11.00 per hour + 30p mileage allowance.
- Full and part-time hours.
- Flexible hours so you can meet your personal and family commitments (they have lots of availability for early mornings start from 7:30am, so could be perfect for an early bird).
- Enough time between calls so you can arrive safely and be composed.
- Enhanced bank holiday rate and paid shadowing shifts.
- Employee wellbeing scheme including retail discounts, health plans, paid holidays and pension scheme.
How do I apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
Please note: Our adverts aim to attract people who would be looking for volunteer type of work, someone who is looking to make a difference!