We are advertising a job vacancy for people who would perhaps look for Volunteer work? We are looking for Befrienders & Care Companions in the local community of Tutbury area of Staffordshire. You will need to be a car driver with access to your own car and you will be looking for a part-time job, or perhaps you have been looking for “Volunteer jobs near me” or opportunities in your local area, there is no upper age limit to apply and welcome applications from those who are retired/semi retired.
Could I be a Befriender & Companion?
- Do you have spare time and would love to make a difference?
- Are you, or someone you know, semi-retired and would you make a fantastic companion?
- Perhaps you are lonely yourself?
- We have retired Nurses, Ex Police Officers, Hairdressers, Teachers, Office workers working for us!
- Have you cared for a relative yourself and found it rewarding?
- Are you free some early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or just an hour or two at weekends?
What does a Care Companion Do?
No-one should feel alone. Over a million older people in the UK say they can go a month without speaking to a friend, relative or neighbour. As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, you will help stop that loneliness and isolation by not only being a Companion to an older person, but also supporting them to carry out everyday tasks and to remain independent and safe in their own home.
Every one of their customers are unique and all have different reasons for needing a Companion. It could be that they are lonely, they have early onset Dementia, or an illness that affects their ability to carry out certain tasks. You would support them by offering any help they needed, be it helping them to get ready for the day ahead, selecting some clothes, assisting if they are struggling to get dressed, putting the toothpaste on a tooth brush, helping them to the toilet, preparing some breakfast, making sure they are washing and looking after themselves. You could also support them away from their home, this could be collecting them some shopping or picking up their prescription.