Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Maidenhead
£9.50 - £19.00 per hour plus 25p mileage allowance
Full and part-time hours
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Ruth*? Maybe you have considered Volunteer jobs?
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you. We have part time and full-time hours available in the Maidenhead, Henley-on-Thames, Wallingford and surrounding areas. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
My name is *Ruth and I live at home in my own house with all my memories. Since my husband passed away, I am very lonely. Things I used to find easy are now becoming difficult and I can’t keep up with my daily duties. I have a wonderful small team of carers. One is called Emma and she comes to see me 5 times a week. Sometimes she helps to get me up in the morning, washed and dressed and makes my breakfast.
We sit and chat for a bit and then she will say goodbye, as I know she must go and visit someone else who needs help. Some days Emma comes back to see me at lunch time, reminds me to take my medication and makes me a healthy meal. Whilst I am eating my lunch, she is very kind and does a little housework. She sometimes takes me out to the local shops or to go my dancing class with my friends. Some days she may also come back to help me up the stairs to bed. I am so grateful for Emma and the rest of my team, they are like my extended family and I don’t know what I’d do without them, I always look forward to seeing them.”
Benefits & Hours:
- £9.50 per hour day rate, £10 evening rate, £11 weekends (due to increase in May);
- Double time on bank holidays;
- Full and part-time hours available - if you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on alternate weekends, then this position could be ideal for you.
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Excellent award-winning training and support is provided including towards further qualifications so you can further your talents;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day, putting a smile on an older person’s face, being part of a wonderful team and knowing you have made a difference.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation if you shine opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
*Ruth is just an example of someone you will support