Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Egham
£10.00 - £12.50 per hour
Flexible part time hours
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can make a difference? Could you make a difference to the life of someone like Barbara*? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you.
We have part-time jobs available throughout Egham, Staines, Virginia Water, Chertsey, Addlestone, Windsor and surrounding areas of Surrey and Berkshire. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Mavis* is 86 years old, she has lived in on her own since her husband Derek passed away and has always been independent. Last year, Mavis* had a fall whilst out shopping and it knocked her confidence somewhat. She stopped going out and even became scared of the stairs in her own house and would often sleep on the sofa rather than go to bed. Marvis* still wants to get out and about, but confidence stops her, that is where you come in. You would help her with daily routines that have become harder for her but also take her out and keep her independent and doing the things she has always done. This would be things like helping her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine. You may assist with personal care where required. Going shopping with her, helping her prepare a healthy meal or even taking her to the hairdressers. You would be helping her continue to do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
Benefits & Hours
- Flexible part-time hours are available between 15-30 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer full-time hours due to the nature of the work). Guaranteed hour contracts are also available depending on your availability to work.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and a couple of hours every alternate weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Excellent in-house training and support is provided;
- Opportunities for career progression;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this job opportunity, we want to hear from you. Becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion to an older adult is not only rewarding, but you will be gaining a friend too. So please click apply.
*Mavis is just a typical example of someone you would support.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.