Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Horsham
£9.00 - £20.50 per hour, plus mileage allowance
Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference? We are looking for individuals to work one to one with an older person in your local community. As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion you could make life better for someone in your local community.
There is no upper age limit for applications and no experience is required. However, it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle. We have part-time jobs available in the Horsham, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath areas of West Sussex.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship lead care. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pop to the shops, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cup of tea and a chat.
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
There are some fantastic benefits & hours too, including:
- Part-time hours are available between 10-15 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work);
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you;
- Excellent training is provided and excellent career progression opportunities;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day;
- This is more than just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
They will carefully match you to older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routines including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Do you have a big heart? Becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion to an older adult is a wonderful and rewarding job, so if you are excited by this opportunity then please click “apply.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.**