Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Bromley
£10.00 per hour + up to 45p paid mileage allowance
part time hours available
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Florrie*? Maybe you have considered Volunteer jobs?
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have roles available in the Bromley, Orpington, West Wickham, Hayes, Shortlands, Beckenham, Keston, Chislehurst, Bickley, Farnborough and surrounding areas of the London Borough of Bromley.
No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is preferred that you are a driver but not essential.
“My name is *Florrie and I have lived on my own for several years since my husband Peter passed away. My daughter Mary and grandchildren live in Australia, sometimes I can get very lonely and I can’t always do the things that used to be so simple. I have a wonderful small team of carers. One is called Grace and she comes to see me 5 times a week. She will help to get me up in a morning, assist with my personal care to help me get washed and dressed, make me some breakfast and a cup of tea. It’s lovely to see a friendly face first thing in the morning to start the day off well.
“Some days Grace will come back to see me at lunch time, she reminds me to take my medication and makes me a healthy meal. Whilst I am eating my lunch, she is very kind and does a little housework. Other days Grace will take me out to do my shopping at the supermarket, sometimes she takes me down to High Elms Country for a walk around the wildlife gardens. She may also come back later in the day to help me up the stairs to bed. I am so grateful for Grace and the rest of my team, they are like family, I don’t know what I’d do without them. I always look forward to seeing them and they really brighten up my day.”
Benefits & Hours:
- Fantastic rate of pay, pension, paid annual leave and employee assistance programme;
- Extremely consistent hours with the same regular clients;
- 25p mileage (after first 10 miles), 45p per hour when travelling with clients;
- Excellent training is provided and opportunities for career progression and support towards further qualifications;
- If you have availability early mornings, or lunchtimes, or afternoons or evenings and alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- A kind, friendly and supportive office team and peer group;
- The biggest benefit of all is doing a rewarding job and making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation, if you shine, opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future, and you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
* Florrie is just an example of someone you will support.