Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Epping
£9.85 - £18.00 per hour, plus mileage
Full and part-time hours available between 16-40 hours per week
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can make a big difference for the New Year? Are you looking for a career change, maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender and Companion could be perfect for you.
We have part-time jobs available in the Epping, Loughton, Ongar, Theydon Bois, North Weald, Harlow, Nazeing, Waltham Abbey and surrounding areas of Essex. No experience is required, and it is preferred that you have a full driving licence.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits, but the focus being on companionship, so you have time to get to know them. They are rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission, which is amazing.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to one or two older adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. You may help them to get up in the morning and get ready for their day ahead. You may also be required to assist with personal care where required. You may be cooking a fresh meal or helping to keep their home tidy. You may take them out and about for a walk and a bit of shopping or a cuppa and a chat.
Benefits & Hours
- Between 16-40 hours per week available. (Unfortunately, they cannot offer block school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work).
- You would need some availability for either early mornings, lunch times, afternoons and every other weekend.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Holiday pay;
- Excellent training is provided.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
- This isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
So, if you are friendly and reliable, with a ready smile and a warm heart, and you are excited by this job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however our aim in to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.