Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Egham
£10.00 - £12.50 per hour
Flexible part time hours
Are you looking for flexible part-time hours and want to make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? Becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender and Companion could be perfect for you. We have part-time jobs available throughout Egham, Staines, Virginia Water, Chertsey, Addlestone, Windsor and surrounding areas of Surrey and Berkshire.
It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. We are CQC rated Outstanding, which is amazing.
This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. However, due to the nature of this job there may still be an element of personal care needed. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still being able to pick up your pension, still going into town on a Wednesday for cream tea!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to older adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Flexible part-time hours are available between 15-30 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer full-time hours due to the nature of the work). Guaranteed hour contracts are also available depending on your availability to work.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and a couple of hours every alternate weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Excellent in-house training and support is provided;
- Opportunities for career progression;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity, we want to hear from you. Within our organisation if you shine opportunities are created. We have ambitious plans for the future, and you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.**