Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Keighley
£9.00 - £9.50 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays) + mileage allowance
Part time hours
Becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you! Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference to someone like Violet*? Are you retired/semi-retired and want a rewarding role to help someone in your local community?
We have part-time jobs available in Keighley, Otley, Ilkley, Skipton, Bingley, Baildon and surrounding areas of West Yorkshire. You do not require experience; however, you will need to have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
Violet* is 81 years old and a retired primary school teacher and has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Last year Violet started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said, and she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on her books like she used to. Daily routines have become harder for Violet* and so has getting out and about doing the things she enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of personal care. You might take her to her local singing group, music really helps her remember special memories from her past, or you might help her with some shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Come and join the best!
You would be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on personalised companionship led care. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
Benefits & Hours
- If you have some availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you; (Unfortunately, we can’t accommodate only school time hours);
- Pension scheme and paid holidays;
- You will be a part of a small team to ensure continuity of care and who have been carefully matched to enable you to build a companionship/friendship with the person you are visiting;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Continuous training and support towards further qualifications including Dementia and Alzheimer’s City & Guilds, as they want to invest in your future;
- Excellent training is provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
If you are caring and compassionate, and you are excited by this wonderful opportunity to become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, then we would love to hear from you, so please click “apply.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
*Violet is just an example of someone you will support