Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion - Working for an outstanding homecare provider
“My name is Jane and I work as a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion in Grange-over-Sands for a brilliant company and I absolutely love my job. I support older people living in their own homes and help them stay independent. I help with everyday tasks like washing and dressing, preparing meals as well as taking them out for appointments or to continue with their hobbies. There are plenty of laughs too.”
Do you live in the Grange-over-Sands, Windermere, Ambleside, Kendal, Milnthorpe, Kirkby Lonsdale and surrounding villages of Cumbria? Are you available full or part-time, early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or weekends? It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Join the best
“I have worked for this company since they first opened, and I couldn’t work for anyone else now. We have recently been awarded an Outstanding rating by the CQC and I couldn’t be prouder. We are also 10/10 on homecare.co.uk and voted in the top 20 of homecare providers in the North West. It is so wonderful to get recognition and have the feeling that what you are doing is so worthwhile and rewarding. We do a minimum of 1-hour visits to our clients, so we always have time to do our job and do the best for the older people we support. We are a fantastic team and we a make a real difference to the lives of people in our local community.”
Benefits & Hours:
- Fantastic pay - £10.00 - £11.00 per hour plus paid mileage (it’s double time on bank holidays too);
- The hours are flexible and either full or part-time are available - as our clients need us most in the early mornings, lunchtimes and evenings availability at some of these times is necessary;
- We have a great benefits scheme where we can get retail vouchers;
- Always being supported by a wonderful Management team who truly care;
- The minimum 1-hour visits because it means I get time to do what I need to, and I don’t feel rushed;
- You also get support towards further qualifications so this could be a career for life;
- Personally, the biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day, putting a smile on an older person’s face and being part of a wonderful team.
“If you have experience working in the sector, or you are someone looking for a new rewarding career in care, then I would say this is the company for you. This is something rewarding and the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is special, I feel so happy at the end of every day. You could share that feeling too. You don’t need experience, just a caring, patient and understanding nature.
So, if you are excited by this Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion job opportunity, then come and join us. All you need to do is click apply and we will give you a call to answer any questions you may have.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.