Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, York
£9.40 - £18.80 per hour plus mileage allowance
Are you looking for flexible hours and do you want to make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender and Companion could be perfect for you?
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you. We have part time hours available in the York area of North Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is desirable that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They have also been awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC, an amazing achievement. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to your dancing class on a Saturday, still going into town on a Wednesday for a cuppa and a chat, still living in your own home and doing the things you love!
You would be helping make these things happen every day!
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
We will carefully match you to older adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Helping with bathing, showering and other elements of personal care;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on
.Benefits & Hours:
- Regular part-time, guaranteed hours between 8-30 hours per week (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours or full-time hours due to the nature of the work);
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program;
- A schedule that you can fit around your lifestyle;
- Excellent training and support;
- A truly rewarding job where the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is like no other.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation if you shine opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.