Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Banbury, North Oxfordshire
£10.15 - £10.95 per hour (double time on bank holidays)
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Cecilia*? Maybe you have considered Volunteer jobs?
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you. We are looking for Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Companions in the Banbury, Bicester, Brackley, and surrounding areas. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Cecilia* is 74 years old and a retired primary school teacher and has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Last year Cecilia started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said, and she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on her books like she used to. Daily routines have become harder for Cecilia* and so has getting out and about doing the things she enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of personal care. You might take her to her local singing group, music really helps her remember special memories from her past, or you might help her with her shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Benefits & Hours:
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on alternate weekends, then this position could be ideal for you.
- Our busiest times include, 8am to 10am then 10am to 1pm and 5pm to 8pm;
- Paid mileage;
- Pension scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Excellent training and support towards further qualifications;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day, putting a smile on an older person’s face and being part of a wonderful team. It is a role where you will smile just knowing you have made a difference in a person’s life.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand awarded OUTSTANDING by CQC who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you, so please click “apply.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
* Cecilia is just a typical example of someone you would support.