Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Ilkley
£9.00 - £9.50 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays) + mileage allowance
Part time hours
Becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you! Are you looking for part-time hours and want to make a difference to someone like Edith*? Are you retired/semi-retired and want a rewarding role to help someone in your local community?
We have part-time jobs available in Ilkley, Otley, Skipton, Keighley, Bingley, Baildon and surrounding areas of West Yorkshire. You do not require experience; however, you will need to have a full UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
“My name is *Edith and I live in my own home with all my memories. Since my husband passed away, I am very lonely. Things I used to find easy are now becoming difficult and I can’t keep up with my daily duties. I have a wonderful small team of carers. One is called Nicola and she comes to see me 5 times a week. Sometimes she helps to get me up in the morning, washed and dressed and makes my breakfast.
We sit and chat for a bit and then she will say goodbye, as I know she must go and visit someone else who needs help. Some days Nicola comes back to see me at lunch time, reminds me to take my medication and makes me a healthy meal. Whilst I am eating my lunch, she is very kind and does a little housework. She sometimes takes me out for a walk alongside the Riverside Gardens or to go to my dancing class with my friends. Some days she may also come back to help me up the stairs to bed. I am so grateful for Nicola and the rest of my team, they are like my extended family and I don’t know what I’d do without them, I always look forward to seeing them.”
There will also be elements of personal care during some of your visits.
Come and join the best!
You would be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on personalised companionship led care. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
Benefits & Hours
- If you have some availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you; (Unfortunately, we can’t accommodate only school time hours);
- Pension scheme and paid holidays;
- You will be a part of a small team to ensure continuity of care and who have been carefully matched to enable you to build a companionship/friendship with the person you are visiting;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Continuous training and support towards further qualifications including Dementia and Alzheimer’s City & Guilds, as they want to invest in your future;
- Excellent training is provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
If you are caring and compassionate, and you are excited by this wonderful opportunity to become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, then we would love to hear from you, so please click “apply.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
*Editht is just an example of someone you will support