Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Bradford On Avon
£9.20 - £14.15 per hour (Double rate on Bank Holidays)
“My name is Maureen and I work as a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion in Bath for a brilliant company and I absolutely love my job. I support older people living in their own homes and help them stay independent. I help with everyday tasks and personal care like washing and dressing, preparing meals as well as taking them out for appointments or to continue with their hobbies. There are plenty of laughs too.”
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you. We have part-time jobs available in the Bradford-on-Avon, Bath, Corsham, Chippenham, Calne, Melksham and surrounding areas. Experience is preferred but not essential as full training is provided. However, it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Join the best
“I have worked for this company for four years, and I couldn’t work for anyone else now. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. We have been rated as “Outstanding” by CQC. Our exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on consistent relationships. We are a fantastic team and we a make a real difference to the lives of people in our local community.”
Benefits & Hours:
- Contracted hours between 10-35 hours per week depending on experience.
- 23p-45p per mile allowance plus paid waiting time and travel time.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you.
- Holiday pay.
- Pension scheme and cash plans scheme (discount for dentist, opticians, physio, osteopath)
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent training is provided.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
- This isn’t just a job; you will be gaining a friend too!
“If you have experience working in the sector, or you are someone looking for a new rewarding career in care, then I would say this is the company for you. This is something rewarding and the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is special, I feel so happy at the end of every day. You could share that feeling too. You don’t need experience, just a caring, patient and understanding nature.
So, if you are excited by this Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion job opportunity, then come and join us. All you need to do is click apply and we will give you a call to answer any questions you may have.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.