Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Nottingham
£9.00 - £10.00 per hour plus paid travel time
Flexible full and part-time hours available
Are you looking for a rewarding where you can make a difference? Maybe you have considered Volunteer Jobs? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you?
We have jobs available in the Nottingham area of Nottinghamshire. It is desirable that you have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle due to the nature of the role. We have work in The Meadows, Snienton, Carlton, St. Ann’s, Mapperley, Sherwood, Arnold, Bestwood, Bulwell, Old & New Basford, Long Eaton, Radford, Aspley, Beeston, Chilwell, Stapleford, Wollaton and surrounding areas.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. Imagine having Dementia but still being able to go to bingo, still being able to pop to the shops, still going into town for a cuppa and a chat. You would be helping make these things happen every day and the rewarding feeling is like no other.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the role involve?
They will carefully match you to older adults in your local area and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings.
- Assisting with personal care where required.
- Administering and prompting with medication.
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Double time bank holidays;
- Shifts between the hours 7am – 10pm, including 2 weekends a month;
- Mileage allowance 25p per mile (45p per mile if using your car during a client’s visit);
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons or evenings, then this position is ideal for you;
- Excellent training is provided so no experience or qualifications are required;
- Fantastic progression opportunities;
- Paid holidays;
- Simply Health Cash Plan;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.