Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Bromley
£10.00 per hour + up to 45p paid mileage allowance
part time hours available
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Stanley*? Maybe you have considered Volunteer jobs?
There is no upper age limit for applications and becoming a Care Assistant & Companion could be perfect for you. We have roles available in the Bromley, Orpington, West Wickham, Hayes, Shortlands, Beckenham, Keston, Chislehurst, Bickley, Farnborough and surrounding areas of the London Borough of Bromley.
No experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is preferred that you are a driver but not essential.
Stanley* is 81 years old retired music teacher, he has always been independent whilst living in his own home. Last year Stanley* started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. He would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, he might repeat a lot of things he has already said, and he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his books like he used to. Daily routines have become harder for Stanley * and so has getting out and about doing the things he enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help him with his morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of personal care. You might take him to his local singing group, music really helps him remember special memories from his past, or you might help him with his shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping him continue to be himself and do the things he loves and remain in his own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Benefits & Hours:
- Fantastic rate of pay, pension, paid annual leave and employee assistance programme;
- Extremely consistent hours with the same regular clients;
- 25p mileage (after first 10 miles), 45p per hour when travelling with clients;
- Excellent training is provided and opportunities for career progression and support towards further qualifications;
- If you have availability early mornings, or lunchtimes, or afternoons or evenings and alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- A kind, friendly and supportive office team and peer group;
- The biggest benefit of all is doing a rewarding job and making a difference every day;
- Becoming a Companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation, if you shine, opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future, and you could be part of that!
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
* Stanley is just an example of someone you will support.