We are looking for Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Companions for the Roundhay and surrounding areas of West Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. However, it is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the role.
What are the company values & why should you come and work for us?
You would be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on personalised companionship led care. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
This is an example of what you would be doing as a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion
“I have been part of this company for over 2-years now. I retired from the Police force but needed something to do to fill my time, but also something where I could still make a difference in a persons’ life. Then I found this role. The main part of my role is helping older adults continue living in their homes surrounded by all their treasured memories and it is the most amazing thing I have done.
No two days are ever the same and I never have the Monday blues. I support an older gentleman called Jack who is wonderful. I help him get up in the morning, get dressed and make him some breakfast. I will then go back at lunch time to prepare him something to eat, do a spot of cleaning and have a chat, he has a lot of stories about his life that make me smile and laugh. I thought I would struggle with some of the personal care elements of the role, but I don’t, I realised it is no different to what I would do for a friend. The company do a minimum of 1-hour visits so I’m never rushed and can spend quality time with my clients. I also support an older lady called Mavis, she loves a trip out to Wetherby Whaler on a Friday for a fish and chip treat, I always look forward to seeing her. I don’t see this as a job, it’s a privilege, I only wish I had done it sooner.”
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.10 - £10.10 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays) + mileage allowance and paid travel time;
- Part time hours - 16 hour guaranteed contracts available;
- If you have some availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you; (Unfortunately, we can’t accommodate only school time hours);
- Pension scheme and paid holidays;
- You will be a part of a small team to ensure continuity of care and who have been carefully matched to enable you to build a companionship/friendship with the person you are visiting;
- Employee Assistance Programme available to you for ongoing support;
- Continuous training and support towards further qualifications including Dementia and Alzheimer’s City & Guilds. Distance Learning and a fantastic Career Path available as they want to invest in your future;
- Excellent training is provided;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference to people’s lives every single day;
- BHSF is a discount site specifically for employees including discount of retailers.
How do you apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
*Jack and Mavis are just examples of someone you will support