We are seeking Paid Volunteer, Befrienders & Companions who live in the Alton, Petersfield, Bentworth, Froyle, Four Marks, Selborne, Liss, Bordon, Headley, Grayshott, Hindhead, Liphook, Fernhurst, Midhurst, Meon Valley, South & East Harting, Corhampton, Bishop's Waltham, Hedge End, Botley and surrounding areas of East Hampshire. You would need to have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle. You could be part of something to be proud of like this:
“My Nana was diagnosed with early onset Dementia earlier this year and the word immediately frightened me. Nan has lived on her own for a few years since my Grandad passed away but has always been independent, so this diagnosis worried me that she would no longer stay living in the place that holds all her memories and where she spent over 50 years with Grandad.
However, Nan has had wonderful companionship, care and support from people she has grown so fond of, we as a family have more peace of mind as we know she’s not alone. She has been able to keep getting out and about doing the things she loves, including visiting her local music group, and most importantly you have allowed her to keep being herself in the home that she loves. The personal care received has been respectful and dignified. Thank you will never be enough.”
There will be some light personal care which may include supporting someone to get washed and dressed, brushing their hair or putting cream on their legs during most visits.
Be part of something special
Come and join an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits, but the focus being on companionship. The things they do every day make a difference, and you could share that
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion role involve?
They will carefully match you to mainly older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include any of the following:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care where required;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- £9.25 to £12.00 plus double rates on bank holidays;
- Paid Mileage;
- Holiday Pay & Pension scheme;
- Part-time hours including a mixture of early mornings, afternoons, evenings and alternate weekends;
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
- Excellent training is provided, so no experience is required;
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression too.
If you feel you have the qualities to do this type of role, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to advertise on behalf of this unique provider and welcome your applications. Once you apply, we will arrange a suitable time to discuss the vacancy in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.