We are seeking Female Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Care Companions in High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Amersham, Slough and the surrounding villages of Buckinghamshire / Berkshire. Car Drivers Essential. We are seeking individuals just like you, who are searching for Volunteering jobs.
Is this you?
- Someone who gets on with people easily / it comes naturally to you.
- Someone with a friendly smiling face.
- You have spare time and would love to make a difference!
- You are looking for a volunteer job because you are a caring person.
- You are looking for a career change?
- You are retired/semi-retired and want to do something rewarding.
The Job of a Paid Volunteer is Rewarding
Your job will be to make a difference every day to an older person living in their own home by becoming their Befriender & Care Companion. All of our client's needs vary, but the ultimate goal is to keep them independent and safe in their own homes as they reach old age. The length of time you spend with them can vary from 30 minutes to over an hour. This could include:
- To be an advocate, companion and someone they trust and rely on.
- To build a relationship and become a true Befriender & Companion to them.
- An early morning call to make sure they are up and about ready for the day ahead.
- Assisting with preparing breakfast - making sure they eat regularly and don't skip meals.
- Assisting with any personal care - personal care can be as simple as putting toothpaste on a toothbrush, brushing hair, assisting them in and out of the shower to emptying a commode. (This varies significantly from person to person)
- Taking them out maybe into town, to a hospital appointment or to collect a prescription.
- Preparing lunch and making sure they have everything they need for the afternoon.
- An early evening call to get them settled for the night.
Who will my Employer be?
Although you will be working with individuals in their own homes, you will be part of a very special company, described as Bespoke, Boutique and focussing on delivering outstanding customer service to the people that use their service, they aim to be the very best! They are committed to providing an incredibly high standard of care within comfortable and high-class surroundings. As a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Care Companion, you will need to be the best of the best, immaculately dressed and passionate about what you do. You will have very high standards and be passionate about the difference you can make. Every one of our Paid Volunteers represents the company with passion and pride!
Rate of pay, Hours of Work and Requirements
- You would need to be available for either Full-Time or Part-Time Hours.
- You can join us a Bank Companion - which means you can work as and when you are free
- Part-Time jobs with hours starting from just 8 hours, up to Full-time jobs are available - they are really flexible around you!
- The Availability we require would need to include some Early Mornings & Lunchtimes (7 am - 2 pm) Lates (4 pm - 10 pm) and a few hours every other weekend would be fab!
- Rate of pay is £10.75 (no experience) and salary increases with experience up to £11.05 per hour (Level 2&3), your pay will progress as you progress;
- Attendance bonus of £35 per quarter (After 3 Months);
If you dont have a CV:-
If you want to ask any questions:-
*Health and Social Care Jobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit a female** Please note this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however, the aim of the advert is to attract those people looking for Volunteer Jobs in Buckinghamshire.