We are looking for passionate Befrienders, Companions & Carers to work in Abingdon and the surrounding areas of Oxfordshire. Your job would be helping older people remain independent in their own homes as well as continuing to do the activities they love.
No experience is required as full training will be provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
What are the company values & ethos?
You could be joining a national, award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the care industry! This provider puts their client at the forefront of everything they do and help people to remain in the place they love the most, their home. Not only do they promote a minimum of 1-hour support, but they also make sure their carers are perfectly matched to their clients, so you can build a lasting relationship! This homecare provider really does invest in their staff and ensure that everyone feels valued and part of the team.
The owners are a husband and wife team who are passionate about providing the highest standard of companionship led care to support older people within their own homes, so they can continue with the activities which they have always enjoyed. They too, have parents and older relatives who benefit from still being part of the community and being able to join in with family gatherings because of the support they receive.
Befriender, Companion & Carer - Benefits, Pay Rates & Hours
- £10.00 - £18.00 per hour, plus mileage allowance and travel time (this helps increase your take home pay;
- Flexible full and part time hours that you could fit around childcare and other commitments;
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a few hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- Pension scheme;
- Support towards further qualifications and excellent progression opportunities.
What you would be expected to do as a Befriender, Companion & Carer involve?
Our client understands the need for their clients to maintain their personal routine and aims to provide the highest standard of support possible. Your responsibilities may involve:
- Assisting with daily routines such as preparing for the day or going to bed;
- Assisting with personal care where necessary (bathing/showering and dressing);
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Being a friendly companion and someone they can rely on and talk to.
How do I apply?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Befriender, Companion & Carer job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.