Becoming a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion in your local community of Banbury area of North Oxfordshire could not be more rewarding!
- A Car Driver?
- Looking for Volunteer Work? Or know someone that is?
- Retired or semi-retired? Or know someone that is?
- Looking for a part-time job to fit around your lifestyle?
- Looking for a career change? Or know someone that is?
- Someone that has cared for a relative, friend or neighbour?
- A retired Nurse or Police Officer still looking to work in the local community?
- A Social Care student looking for pre-qualifying experience?
- Outgoing, caring & compassionate and fantastic company?
- Someone that has always wanted to make a difference?
Could you help us provide a service to older adults which fits around their lifestyle, is perfectly flexible and allows them to carry on living independently in their own home? We perfectly match every one of our Befrienders & Companions to our clients, often sharing similar interests or hobbies. We do this though to an extremely high standard.
Because we match you to our clients you will build up a close relationship with each other, you won’t be strangers. Could you: -
- Have flexible, part-time, availability including some mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or weekends?
- Help someone with their housekeeping?
- Help someone prepare or cook a meal?
- Be a fantastic companion and friend?
- Support someone to wash and dress?
- Take someone out for the day maybe into Banbury, and enjoy the things they do?
This is not a job, it is a vocation and to do this job you will need to be kind, and compassionate, with a big heart! It doesn’t matter how old you are, what job you have done in the past, or if you have never worked. If you can make an older person’s life brighter, feel great satisfaction from doing it, you are exactly who we are looking for.
** Please note this is not a Volunteer Job it is paid employment; we are looking to attract people just like you, someone who wants to make a difference in their spare time!
How Do I apply?
If you have any questions about the job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.