We are looking for Paid Volunteers, Befrienders & Companions* in the Kendal area of Cumbria. No experience is necessary as excellent training is provided, being a car driver is essential.
We have part time and full-time hours available in the Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Milnthorpe, Grange-over-Sands and surrounding villages of Cumbria.
Could I be a Paid Volunteer?
- Are you looking for a part-time job where you can make a difference?
- Would you love to give something back to your local community?
- Are you semi-retired or have some spare time?
- Are you caring, passionate and fantastic company for an older adult?
- Have you ever cared for a relative or friend?
- Do you have valuable life skills, patience, understanding and a sense of humour?
- Are you available for any early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings or weekends?
- Could you help an older person get up, get dressed, stay active and get out and about?
Who would I be working for?
You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. An award-winning provider not only in the UK but in lots of other countries where they all follow the same vision – to change the face of aging and making a huge impact on people’s lives. On a day to day basis you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to help older people remain independent at home.
They have recently been awarded an Outstanding rating by the CQC, 10/10 on homecare website and voted in the top 20 of homecare providers in the North West. The work that they do is so rewarding and you could share that feeling.
How do I apply?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about the job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
**This is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, but we are looking to attract people that would look for volunteering type jobs as they usually have all the right values that we would look for.