If you are looking for a new and rewarding career for 2020, then we could have what you are looking for. Do you have an unfulfilling job role that you want to swap for a job for life? Maybe you are retired/semi-retired, and you are looking for a role where you can give something back? A role where you can make a positive difference to the life of an older person living in your local community? If so, then becoming one of our Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companions could be perfect for you.
We have opportunities to do something amazing and become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion in the Ongar, Epping, Loughton, Waltham Abbey, Harlow and surrounding areas of Essex. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. You could be part of something to be proud of like this:
“My Nana was diagnosed with early onset Dementia earlier this year and the word immediately frightened me. Nan has lived on her own for a few years since my Grandad passed away but has always been independent, so this diagnosis worried me that she would no longer stay living in the place that holds all her memories and where she spent over 50 years with Grandad.
However, Nan has had wonderful companionship, care and support from people she has grown so fond of, we as a family have more peace of mind as we know she’s not alone. She has been able to keep getting out and about doing the things she loves, including visiting her local music group, and most importantly you have allowed her to keep being herself in the home that she loves. The personal care received has been respectful and dignified. Thank you will never be enough.”
Be part of something special
We are an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. We have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC which is amazing. The owner moved into the care sector to do something that she could be proud of and make a difference in the local community, creating a high-quality bespoke service that would allow older adults to live independently in their own home for as long as possible.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- Contracts available include –
- 16 hours per week contract- £8568 per annum - 0700-1030 every day or 0815-1315 every day -Alternate weekends required.
- 20 hours per week contract- £10,701 per annum - 0815-1315 every day or 1700-2200. Alternate weekends required.
- 26 hours per week- 0815-1315 and 1645-1900 and alternate weekends.
- 30 hours per week contract- £15,990 per annum. Availability 0815-1315 (break) and 1700-1915. Alternate weekends. OR availability 0930-1315 (break) and 1700-2030.
- 40 hours per week contract - £21,320 per annum (limited availability).
- We actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression for the right person.
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
If you feel you have the qualities to do this Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion role, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to advertise on behalf of this unique provider and welcome your applications. Once you apply, we will arrange a suitable time to discuss the vacancy in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.