Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Kingsthorpe
£9.45 - £9.95 per hour plus mileage allowance (double time on bank holidays)
If you are looking for something new and rewarding to do in 2020, a role where you make a difference in a person’s life and end each day with a feeling like no other, then we could have what you are looking for. Imagine doing something that is more than just a job.
We have opportunities to do something amazing and become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion in the in the NN1, NN2, NN3, NN4 and NN5 areas of Northampton.
Be part of something special
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. The Directors are a husband and wife team previously who have a passion to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion role involve?
They will carefully match you to mainly older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include any of the following:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care where required;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Full and part-time hours - If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and a few hours on alternate weekend, then this position is ideal for you. (unfortunately, we cannot offer school hours due to the nature of the work);
- Continuous support including our very own Learning and Development Program;
- We actively promote from within, so there are fantastic opportunities for ongoing progression for the right person;
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job, along with building lasting relationships.
If you feel you have the qualities to do this type of role, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to advertise on behalf of this unique provider and welcome your applications. Once you apply, we will arrange a suitable time to discuss the vacancy in more detail and answer any questions you may have.