Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion Royston, North Hertfordshire
£9.50- £20.00 per hour plus mileage allowance
If you are looking for something new and rewarding to do in 2020, a role where you make a difference in a person’s life and end each day with a feeling like no other, then we could have what you are looking for. Imagine doing something that is more than just a job.
We have opportunities to do something amazing and become a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion in the Royston, Stevenage, Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Knebworth and surrounding villages of North Hertfordshire. You could be part of something to be proud of like this:
“My Nana was diagnosed with early onset Dementia earlier this year and the word immediately frightened me. Nan has lived on her own for a few years since my Grandad passed away but has always been independent, so this diagnosis worried me that she would no longer stay living in the place that holds all her memories and where she spent over 50 years with Grandad.
However, Nan has had wonderful companionship, care and support from people she has grown so fond of, we as a family have more peace of mind as we know she’s not alone. She has been able to keep getting out and about doing the things she loves, including visiting her local music group, and most importantly you have allowed her to keep being herself in the home that she loves. The personal care received has been respectful and dignified. Thank you will never be enough.”
No experience is required as excellent training is provided. However, it is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Be part of something special
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
Sounds exciting, right? So, what will the Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion role involve?
They will carefully match you to mainly older adults in your local community and you will support them to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include any of the following:
- Assisting with daily routine including mornings, lunchtimes and evenings;
- Assisting with personal care where required;
- Prompting to take any medications;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Being a someone they can rely on.
Benefits & Hours
- Part-time hours, building up to 20 hours per week are available including mornings, early evenings & few hours on alternate weekends;
- There is excellent ongoing training and support package provided
- Employee benefits scheme including retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular clients at regular times
- Warm first introduction to each client
- The biggest benefit of all is making that difference every day
- Becoming a companion isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
If you feel you have the qualities to do this type of role, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to advertise on behalf of this unique provider and welcome your applications. Once you apply, we will arrange a suitable time to discuss the vacancy in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.