Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion, Whitchurch, Hampshire
We are looking for passionate Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companions to work in the Basingstoke area. Your job would be helping older people remain independent in their own homes as well as continuing to do the activities they love.
You would need to be available to work in the Basingstoke, Oakley, Overton, Whitchurch, Odiham, Hook, Hartley Wintney, Tadley, Sherfield on Loddon and surrounding areas.
Are you the type of person who goes above and beyond for someone in need? Do you have the desire and the time to make a positive difference to the life of an older person in your area?
Someone like Joan who lives on her own and suffered a broken hip after falling whilst out shopping. She became scared of leaving her home in case she had another fall and she was very lonely. We arranged for a lovely carer called Mary to visit Joan as her regular carer. Mary has helped Joan regain her confidence by gently persuading her to overcome her fears. Mary now takes her out on outings to her local church group for a cup of coffee and shopping. Joan said, “she thought she would never get a chance to enjoy doing the things she loves doing most”. This has now become possible with the help and support care from Mary.
Be part of something special and join a fantastic homecare branch.
You could be joining a national, award-winning organisation with an outstanding brand and reputation in the care industry! This provider puts their client at the forefront of everything they do and help people to remain in the place they love the most, their home. Not only do they promote a minimum of 1-hour support and they make sure their carers are perfectly matched to their clients, so you can build a lasting relationship!
This homecare provider really does invest in their staff and ensure that everyone feels valued and part of the team. They offer excellent progression opportunities too, so this could be the first step towards a long-lasting, rewarding career.
Benefits & Hours:
- £ 9.75- £13.88 per hour, plus 25p mileage allowance and paid holidays:
- Part-time hours available, hours available between 7am – 10pm;
- Flexible working hours that you could fit around childcare and other commitments;
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you;
- Pension scheme-subject to eligibility;
- £150 refer a friend scheme;
- Full training providing and support towards further qualifications.
Sound good? What does being a Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion involve?
Our client understands the need for their clients to maintain their personal routine and aim to provide the highest standard of support possible. Your responsibilities may involve:
- Assisting with daily routines such as preparing for the day or going to bed;
- Preparing meals and light household duties;
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups, events or appointments;
- Assisting with some personal care where necessary;
- Being a friendly companion and someone, they can rely on and talk to.
Sometimes it is the littlest acts of kindness that make the biggest difference!
It is essential that you have a full clean driving licence with access to a vehicle.
Everyone at this organisation shares a passion for providing great care and putting their clients first. If you share that passion, then you could be a great addition to their team. If you are excited by this rewarding job opportunity, then please click “apply.”
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs.
*Joan is just an example of someone you will support