Part-Time, Job Vacancy, Paid Volunteer & Caring Companion, York
Thank you for clicking on our job vacancy, this hopefully means you are considering a rewarding career in care. A career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this job could be perfect for you. Caring for someone you have built a trusting relationship with is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier.
- Car Drivers Essential.
- £10.00 per hour (Double time for bank holidays) plus travel allowance & mileage.
- Range of part-time hours available from 12 hours per week and up.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program.
- Schedule that you can fit around your lifestyle, alternate weekend calls so every other weekend is free.
- Excellent training and support.
- A truly rewarding role where the feeling of knowing you have helped someone is like no other.
Every single person they support is so different, so it is hard to say for certain what your duties will be. However, a typical example of some of duties they perform are: -
- Arriving with a smile for an early morning call.
- Preparing breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits, or visiting the shops.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
Join the Team
As a Paid Volunteer & Caring Companion, you would be part of this special homecare provider who are rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and they aim to provide a standard of care that they would want for their own families. What makes them different from other care providers is that they are bespoke, and they focus on a companionship led care service. Building an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, this provide always looks to make a positive difference in people’s lives. The provider does a minimum of 1-hour visits so that quality time can be spent with clients and their team are never rushed.
We understand you will have some questions about this Paid Volunteer & Caring Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. Christmas may be over but why not make 2021 a new year, new career! We cannot wait to hear from you.
** This is not a Volunteer role and is paid employment, but we are looking for people who have the right characteristics to work in the care sector.