Do you live in the York area of North Yorkshire?
Are you looking for a role like no other? Looking for part-time work?
Have you recently been made redundant or furloughed, and are you worried about finding a new role?
Are you worried about re-entering the world of work? Or looking for something with long-term prospects?
Have you have spent your career in a completely different sector, but now want something rewarding where you can give something back? Maybe you’re semi-retired with a few hours to spare each week?
If any of these apply to you, then we could have an exciting opportunity working for a Homecare provider like no other. You do not need experience, just the right values and personality to care, and the right availability. It is desired that you have a UK driving licence and access to reliable transport.
Why work in care?
Firstly, it is a role in a sector where a caring nature and values are pivotal, but no experience is needed, something where you can give something back to your local community, but also build your confidence and meet new people. The sector offers you an opportunity to make a positive difference in people’s lives every day and if you want it, there are plenty of progression opportunities too. You would have a role where you would always know that what you have done is appreciated and matters to the lives of so many, and not many roles can say that.
We are advertising on behalf of a homecare provider like no other. This organisation focusses on a bespoke companionship/relationship led service and have built an excellent reputation across communities. An outstanding CQC Rating is proof of their dedication paying off and you would be joining a company to be proud of.
A lot of care roles involve things that you will already do most days or have done in the past for a friend or relative. The type of things we take for granted, but that may get a bit more difficult as you get older. You will do a minimum of 1 hour visits and you will be carefully matched to older adults in your local area and you will support clients to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Supporting clients out of bed, washed/showered, dressed, and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing etc.
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.00 per hour (Double time for bank holidays) plus travel allowance & mileage.
- Range of part-time hours available from 12 hours per week and up.
- Paid annual leave, pension scheme and benefits program.
- Schedule that you can fit around your lifestyle, alternate weekend calls so every other weekend is free.
If you have any questions about care jobs or if you wish to apply for this employer in York, then please click on the apply button. Don’t worry if you do not have a CV, give us a call or drop us an email, and we will happily discuss other ways for you to apply, answer any questions and put your mind at ease about applying.