Part-Time Jobs, Grange Over Sands, Cumbria.
Do you live in the South Lakeland area of Cumbria? Are you looking for a role like no other? Looking for part-time work? Have you recently been made redundant or furloughed, and are you worried about finding a new role?
Are you worried about re-entering the world of work? Have you have spent your career in a completely different sector, but now want something rewarding where you can give something back? Maybe you’re semi-retired with a few hours to spare each week?
If any of these apply to you, then we could have an exciting opportunity working for a Homecare provider like no other. You do not need experience, just the right values and personality to care, and the right availability. It is desired that you have a UK driving licence and access to reliable transport.
Working in your Community?
Firstly, it is a role in a sector where a caring nature and values are pivotal, but no experience is needed, something where you can give something back to your local community, but also build your confidence and meet new people. The sector offers you an opportunity to make a positive difference in people’s lives every day and if you want it, there are plenty of progression opportunities too. You would have a role where you would always know that what you have done is appreciated and matters to the lives of so many, and not many roles can say that.
We are advertising on behalf of a fantastic homecare provider. To this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! You would be joining an award-winning employer rated Outstanding by CQC and one recognised in the top Twenty home care providers in the North West and importantly, the only provider in Cumbria. You would be joining a team who know what it means to care. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits.
A lot of care roles involve things that you will already do most days or have done in the past for a friend or relative. The type of things we take for granted, but that may get a bit more difficult as you get older. You will be carefully matched to older adults in your local area and you will support clients to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. This would include:
- Supporting clients out of bed, washed/showered, dressed, and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding clients to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing etc.
- Helping with grocery shopping.
- Being a listening ear and to treat clients with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.50 - £13.50 per hour (Double time on bank holidays), plus 25-45p per mile mileage.
- Paid waiting time and travel time.
- Part-time hours available some early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternative weekends.
- Discounts from top retailers through our employee benefit scheme.
- Generous Pension Scheme, paid Holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
If you have any questions about care jobs or if you wish to apply for this employer in Kendal, then please click on the apply button. Don’t worry if you do not have a CV, give us a call or drop us an email, and we will happily discuss other ways for you to apply, answer any questions and put your mind at ease about applying.