We are looking for part-time Paid Volunteers & Companions in the Ilkley area of West Yorkshire. This is a career where you bring a smile, companionship, trust, and support to someone every single day. It is not just a job; it is a vocation!
Do something rewarding in 2021
Why not make 2021 a new year, new career! If you are naturally caring, compassionate, patient and a good listener as well as talker… then this role could be perfect for you. If you have recently lost your job, then the care sector gives you wonderful opportunities to progress and a have long-term career that matters. Caring for someone with whom you have built a trusting relationship is so rewarding, knowing that you have supported someone and made their day that bit happier or easier, a feeling like no other.
- No experience is necessary, as award-winning training is provided.
- It is essential that you are a car driver.
- £9.50 per hour weekdays, £10.50 per hour weekends.
- Double time on bank holidays.
- Part-time hours available some early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, and alternative weekends.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Minimum 1-hour visits and seeing the same, regular clients.
- Elements of personal care involved
Join the Team
Would you like to work for an organisation that is proud to be changing the way that older people in our local community of Ilkley are looked after in their more senior years? This organisation has won countless awards and has a unique approach, they base all the support they deliver on companionship led care, always focussing on the individual. The care they provide varies according to the person’s needs, however one thing they are passionate about is the quality of the service and that is down to their amazing team.
As a Paid Volunteer & Caring Companion, you will support older adults in the local community to remain independent both in their own home and by keeping them active in the local community. A typical example of some of duties you will perform are:
- Helping with morning and evening routines.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Prompting to take any medications.
- Taking them out shopping or for some exercise.
- Preparing meals and light household duties.
- Being a reliable companion and someone, they can rely on.
We understand you will have some questions about this Paid Volunteer & Caring Companion role, do not worry, once you have applied one of their team will contact you to have an initial chat so they can get to know you. This is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have. We cannot wait to hear from you.
** PLEASE NOTE this is not a Volunteer job, it is paid employment and there will be elements of personal care involved, however we are trying to attract those that would look for Volunteer type jobs. **