Part-Time, Personal Care Assistant, Waking Nights, Permanent, Job Vacancy, Banstead, Surrey.
Who will you support?
Can you imagine being told your child is not going to live beyond three? For this family, it was their reality. After surviving a life-threatening brain tumour, this cheeky little 8-year-old, has proved the doctors wrong, and is achieving all her natural milestones.
Her brain injury has caused some complex health needs, she is non-hearing and non-verbal. Do not assume though that she cannot communicate, because she can, in lots of ways! She is feisty, sassy and so full of life! There are so many things she loves about her life, such as making people laugh, but baking is her favourite thing to do! She is a fast learner with an excellent memory, she has many choices and hopefully fewer restrictions, because of how far she has come.
- £10.00 - £14.00 per Hour, Plus Annual Bonus – No Experience Needed.
- Full Specialised Training Provided.
- Part-Time (Minimum of 10 Hours per week)
- Flexibility to work day shifts to cover holidays or staff absence.
You will be working within the family home, covering waking nights, managing her complex, medical, and personal care. Helping with: -
- Moving & Handling, Tracheostomy, Gastrostomy, Ventilation Care & Oxygen Management.
- Working independently & part of a supportive network.
- Hourly observations and monitoring between the hours of 10pm-8am.
- Helping her get ready for school the next morning.
As this little lady’s Personal Care Assistant, you will be an extension of their family, and treated as such. This is not a short-term employment; you will be a permanent fixture in their lives. Working within their lovely family home, you must be very reliable and responsible. Excellent time-keeping skills will go a long way.
You will be a positive person to be around, a good listener, and someone who is passionate and supportive. This certainly does not feel like a job, but more like helping a family member. You will be rewarded by watching this little girl achieve so much and see her live the life doctors thought she would never have. If you would like to know more about this job vacancy, please click apply and we will reach out for a chat and answer any questions you may have.