Are you a Qualified Social Worker with Children’s Residential or Foster Care experience & yearning for something a little bit different? Full Time, Permanent, Children & Families Deputy Service Manager, job, Canterbury, Kent. (Social Worker)
£38-45K per annum
Rated Outstanding with Ofsted, to work here is a rare opportunity, many of the management team have been with the company since it first opened its doors. They offer a very supportive environment to work in and as a Management team they all collectively share knowledge, share ideas, and reach decisions together. This make’s the service a caring environment where you will feel nurtured and supported in your job where everyone’s ideas count.
This is a private organisation who works in conjunction with Local Authority Social Workers and outside agencies to provide Residential assessments for families needing extra support. The assessment service is aimed at younger parents, those leaving care, or parents with a Mental Health, Addiction or Learning Disability. They provide a unique approach offering assessment, parenting courses, activities and supporting families.
Your job as Children & Families Deputy Manager (Social Worker) will be to Assist the Service Manager with the day-to-day management of this 6 Family, Residential Assessment Service, your team will include Social Workers, Practitioners, and residential Support workers your role will also include:
- To deputise the day to day running of the Children & Families Assessment Centre.
- To assist in meeting & exceeding all Quality, Compliance and Regulatory requirements.
- Provide excellent leadership & management to your team.
- Assist with the service delivery and assessment process for each family.
- Promote a culture, that ensures positive outcomes for the children & families we support.
- Previous Experience of working with a Children’s Residential, Fostering or Family Service
- Social Worker, Senior Practitioner, Team Manager or Registered Manager level
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management Children & Young People or Social Work Qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation & minimum standards.
- Excellent understanding of Child & Adult Protection and safeguarding procedures.
We are looking for someone with a positive personality and a passion in helping people to reach their potential and safeguarding children.
This is a rare and unique opportunity. Health & Social Care Jobs are acting on behalf of the end employer in finding a suitable candidate for this job opportunity. Once you apply, providing you meet the above criteria one of our team will contact you to discuss the vacancy in much more detail and provide you with a full job description. Your application will always be handled in the strictest of confidence.