We currently have an exciting job opportunity for a Registered Children’s Home Manager for a brand-new service opening in the Bedford area. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a service from the get-go!
Our client is a smaller provider of specialist care and education. With no more than three children in each home, this means they can really focus on the Children and being an outstanding provider. They are really proud that their homes are nurturing, extremely person centred and a fun and family orientated environment. The Children they support have very complex needs and high-risk behaviours and their job is to build their self esteem and enable them to have a bright future ahead of them. To do that they need a Manager that is a true leader!
£35K - £40K per annum Depending on Experience
Monday – Friday 9-5pm
On Call Responsibilities at Weekends on a Rota basis
Appropriate ongoing Training will be provided in behavioural management techniques
Here is an example of some amazing feedback from the parent of a young person in their care;
“My child is very settled and has made a lot of progress. They have told me that they feel happier now than they have done before in their life and I think that speaks volumes about the care and support that they received.”
Key Competencies Required/Children’s Home Manager
- Ability to Manage Service Delivery and experience of regulatory requirements
- Ability to managing and Lead People to ensure a great team environment
- Recruitment, Retention and staff performance
- Managing Finances and maintaining budgets
- Previous supervisory/management experience of working in Residential Care of Children & Young People
- Be willing to work towards Level 5 QCF in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role.
If you are looking to make a difference in a challenging yet rewarding job and you are interested in this opportunity, please click apply. Once you do apply, provided you meet all the above criteria, you will have the opportunity to discuss the role, confidentially, prior to taking your application further.