Registered Children’s Home Manager, Bedford
£35K - £40K per annum DOE
Monday – Friday 9-5pm + on call responsibilities at weekends on a rota basis
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Children’s Home Manager for a brand-new service opening in the Bedford area.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a service from the get-go, put your own stamp on it and make a difference in a young person’s life! You may be a Deputy who is hungry for the next challenge in their career and make a step up, if so, this could be perfect for you.
Our client is a smaller provider of specialist care and education. With no more than three children in each home, this means they can really focus on the Children and being an outstanding provider. They are really proud that their homes are nurturing, extremely person centred and a fun and family orientated environment. The young people they support have very complex needs and high-risk behaviours and their job is to build their self-esteem and enable them to have a bright future ahead of them. To do that they need a Manager that is a true leader!
Here is an example of some amazing feedback from the parent of a young person in their care;
“My child is very settled and has made a lot of progress. They have told me that they feel happier now than they have done before in their life and I think that speaks volumes about the care and support that they received.”
Key Competencies Required:
- Ability to Manage Service Delivery and experience of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to managing and Lead People to ensure a great team environment.
- Recruitment, Retention and staff performance.
- Managing Finances and maintaining budgets.
- Previous supervisory/management experience of working in Residential Care of Children & Young People.
- Be willing to work towards Level 5 QCF in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role.
If you are looking to make a difference in a challenging yet rewarding job and you are interested in this opportunity to be a Registered Children’s Home Manager, please click apply. Once you do apply, provided you meet all the above criteria, you will have the opportunity to discuss the role, confidentially, prior to taking your application further.