Registered Children’s Home Manager, Kendal
£35K - £42K per annum DOE
We are looking for an experienced Registered Children’s Home Manager living close to the Kendal area of Cumbria. This is a unique opportunity to work within an independently run 12 bedded children’s home and help turn around the lives of children aged 6 -13 who have been severely abused, neglected or suffered extreme trauma.
Be part of a mission to ensure that all children have the best possible future.
Our client is a family run business with over 20 years-experience and an exceptional proven track record in providing residential care and allowing the children to grow emotionally and socially. They provide excellent education on site to help them with everyday life skills. They also organise fun activities such as trips out and sports to help them integrate in the community and keep them smiling. No child should be excluded, so they have created a warm and safe environment where all the children can feel a sense of belonging and be valued for who they are.
As their Registered Manager, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering the home’s purpose, getting a child back to a warm family setting before their teenage years and allowing them to have the best future possible. Your role will also include:
- Ensuring the children’s safety and well-being is appropriately protected at all times;
- Inspiring and leading the team of staff to deliver high quality care, which will meet the specific needs of each individual child;
- Organising rotas to ensure that the children’s needs are always met;
- Ensuring all clinical practices and medication processes within the home are conducted in line with legislation;
- Be part of on-call system when required.
What skills and experience are required?
- At least 2 years-experience in residential childcare and working with children with challenging behaviours, although if you have worked with younger adults with learning disabilities this may be accepted;
- Experience in a Management role of a residential setting;
- It is essential that you hold a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services, or equivalent;
- You will also have good knowledge and understanding of relevant child care legislation, Government guidelines and best practices;
- It is essential that you are a car driver.
Above all, you will have strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills. You will always strive to exceed expectations and you will be passionate about shaping a child’s future and helping them achieve their potential.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.