Are you an ambitious individual looking for a Registered Children’s Home Manager role close to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire?
Do you want to lead by example and ensure the child you support has only the best care within a structured and friendly atmosphere?
Who am I joining?
A leading provider of therapeutic residential support for children and young people with complex needs and challenging behaviour aged 10-18. This role is not for everyone but one that can be guaranteed to be full of reward if the right therapeutic process is followed and the right support is put in place. They offer 1 to 1 support and group sessions, within a safe and homely atmosphere, you will be joining a dedicated and passionate team, who love where they work and what they do!
What are the benefits?
You will have massive potential to progress within this organisation, with a number of homes across Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire. If you have the ambition, they will give you the opportunity! You will also gain a salary of £29,000 - £34,000 per annum DOE including car allowance and bonus scheme.
As their Registered Children’s Home Manager, you will be an excellent role model to your team. Your duties will include:
- Applying a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislation (Children’s Home Regulations 2015, Quality Standards 2015 and Towards a Stable Life, Brighter Future 2002) to all aspects of service delivery;
- Developing the staff team’s knowledge and understanding of safeguarding practices and processes; leading, co-ordinating and resolving safeguarding matters as required;
- Leading and co-ordinating the development, implementation and delivery of the young person’s Quality of Life Plan across the integrated services;
- Managing resources effectively to enable to staff teams to meet all the physical needs of the young person;
- Providing regular feedback, support and direction to staff teams;
- Participating and contributing to the objectives of the wider organisation, via recruitment, development projects etc.
What experience do I need to be their Registered Children’s Home Manager?
- You will hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People/ Level 3 in residential childcare/social work, ideally Level 5.
- Experience of working with children/young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
- An excellent working knowledge of the Quality Standards as regulated by OFSTED.
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.